THE TOWNSHIP OF BRIDGEWATER
100 COMMONS WAY / BRIDGEWATER, N.J. 08807
908/725 -6300 / FAX # 908/ 725-3365
POSITION: PLUMBING INSPECTOR
POSTING DATE: 10/30/2023
CLOSING DATE: 11/30/2023 @ 5:00 pm (Eastern)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Plumbing Sub-Code Official
UNION AFFILIATION: None
SALARY: Grade I: $43,019.64-$71,356.27
WORK HOURS: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Under the direction of the Construction Official and Plumbing Sub-Code Official, perform inspections in
accordance with the requirements of the Uniform Construction Code and the National Plumbing Code; and
perform other work as required.
- Applicants must possess a valid license as a Plumbing Inspector of the appropriate level, High-Rise and
Hazardous (HHS) issued by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs. Preference given for
candidates with additional sub-code technical licenses (with additional compensation to be considered).
- Must possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
- Experience in performing plumbing inspections
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and must be able work professionally with municipal officials, contractors
and the general public to offer sound and accurate information in a customer-based environment
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of the Bridgewater infrastructure is a plus
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors
- Authorization to Work: US citizenship is not required. Selected candidate must be authorized to work in
the US according to Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Residency Law: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First
Act,” all persons newly hired must establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are required to fully complete and sign an employment application. The employment application
is available at https://www.bridgewaternj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bridgewater-Township-Employee-
To apply, submit a resume and fully completed and signed employment application to
firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 pm on 11/30/2023. Please put “PLUMBING INSPECTOR”
in the subject line of the email.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER