Technical Assistant to the Construction Official
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT – FULL-TIME – Hillsborough Township, Somerset County –
Due to a retirement, the Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for full-time Technical
Assistant. The preferred candidate should currently hold a Technical Assistant Certification and/or in the
process of obtaining the required NJUCC Technical Assistant license. Responsibilities include assisting the
public with filing permit applications, issuing permits, scheduling inspections, management of files and
archives, preparing daily deposits, and submitting reports required by the NJ Department of Community
Affairs. This is an AFSCME Union position, with a 40-hour work week. Salary range as per current
AFSCME Union contract. The Township of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
● Technical Assistant Certification.
● Ability to obtain the required NJUCC Technical Assistant license within 8 months of
● Strong customer service skills.
● Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
● Strong computer and technology skills.
● Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
● Clearance of a criminal history background check.
● Currently enrolled in Technical Assistant educational course.
● Experience with SDL software.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Google apps.
Interested applicants must apply online: https://www.hillsborough-nj.org/departments/hr