ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR – Full-time – Hillsborough Township, Somerset County –
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for full-time Electrical Inspector, who
will be responsible for daily field inspections, as assigned by, and under the direct supervision of, the
full-time Electrical Subcode Official. This is an AFSCME Union position with a 40-hour work week,
Monday-Friday. Inspection tools and Township vehicle provided for inspections. Starting salary
$70,000.00 as per current Union contract. Potential for an additional year-end stipend payment for
using a second technical license. Offered benefits include Medical, Dental, Cafeteria Plan, Flexible
Spending Account, Employee Recognition Program, and potential Merit Increases. The Township of
Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
● Minimum of Electrical Inspector ICS license
● Strong customer service skills.
● Strong computer and technology skills.
● Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
● Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
● Clearance of a criminal history background check.
● Electrical Inspector HHS license.
● Interest/desire to obtain additional NJDCA licenses
Interested applicants are to apply online: https://www.hillsborough-nj.org/departments/hr