Building Subcode Official
Under the direction of the Construction Official, the Building Subcode Official has the subordinate administrative responsibility for administering the building subcode of the State Uniform Construction Code and inspects and/or supervises the inspection of buildings in construction projects underway to ensure that compliance with plans and specifications approved in accord with NJ Uniform construction Code is achieved.
Knowledge and Abilities:
The knowledge and abilities for a RCS and ICS license plus the following:
- Knowledge of advanced structural systems including structural design and analysis techniques necessary to check compliance with the code for te heavily loaded and technically advanced systems which characterizes class 1 buildings.
- Knowledge of pile and other foundation systems used to bear very heavy loads.
- Knowledge of high-rise framing systems including wind load and seismic considerations.
- Knowledge of fire protection system requirements, standards, and design methods for exotic (non water) fire suppression system, compartmentation elevator, voice alarm, and other high-rise fire safety systems including material and installation standards and methods for ensuring compliance with those standards
- Must possess a valid NJ license as a Building Subcode Official issued by the NJ Dept of Community Affairs
- Must possess a valid NJ High Rise and Hazardous Specialist (HHS) license as a Building Inspector issued by the NJ Dept of Community Affairs
- Must have extensive experience working in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Valid driver’s license
Alexis Waiters, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Assistant Director, Human Resources
City of Atlantic City
Human Resources, Suite 416
1301 Bacharach Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401-4603